MINI Models Service, Maintenance, and Operating instructions.
WARNING!!! This product is designed to inject liquid food grade marinades and seasonings into food products. Improper use could cause serious personal injury. Failure to follow operating instructions before and during use or improper use or misuse of this product could result in explosive failure, personal injury, sickness, or death.
Always test operation prior to use with plain water.
Always sanitize before use. (Recommended: 1 oz. Chlorine bleach per ½ gal. water.)
Always wear proper protective clothing including eye protection.
Never stand with face or body over the top of the tank when pumping or loosening pump.
Release pressure carefully and properly before refilling or servicing.
After use – release pressure, empty, clean, sanitize, and dry unit.
Use only food grade liquids and seasonings in this equipment.
Do not use hot liquids.
Do not store liquids in tank.
Do not leave unit in the sun.
This unit comes complete, ready to attach the needle assembly to the valve. After attaching the assembly, this unit is ready for cleaning, testing, sterilization, and use. We recommend initial seasoning of this unit prior to first use to remove any residual artificial flavor. After sanitizing, insert a mixture of ½ cup each of vinegar, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce into the tank. Follow instructions for pump assembly. Shake, pressurize and inject a small quantity of this liquid into a cloth folded over the needle, let stand for a few minutes, shaking occasionally, followed by depressurization and rinsing with clear water before insertion of actual injection liquid.
1. Remove the pump from the tank by turning top portion counter clockwise.
2. Insert marinade/injection solution into tank. Your injection liquid must be strained using either a coffee/tea filter, multi-layer cloth, or other fine mesh strainer. FAILURE to strain, using particles (ground/chopped spices) in the liquid, or using thickened fluids will result in clogging of control valve, pick-up tube, or needle - rendering the unit inoperable. Do not fill tank above the maximum fill marker.
3. Close tank by inserting pump assembly through fill opening. Turn clockwise until pump is sealed tightly into tank.
4. Install needle/adaptor assembly onto the vessel. Thread it on by turning clockwise finger tight – Use care to not cross thread. Failure to correctly tighten/attach all fittings may cause leakage. Use care to avoid damage from bending the Flav-R-Jector® needle.
5. With a full tank, operate pump handle in and out about 10 – 20 strokes to pressurize the tank. More strokes will be required if tank is only partially filled. As the level in the tank goes down with use, more strokes may be required to maintain proper pressure.
6. Insert the injection needle deeply into the product you wish to inject. Depress the valve to allow flow of liquid into product. You may slide the lock on the valve forward to lock in the on position. Release valve to stop the flow of liquid. Repeat this procedure as many times as you want, in different areas of your product, to achieve desired results.
7. To depressurize the tank, slowly and carefully unscrew the top pump assembly. (Alternately, turn the tank upside down. Using caution and covering needle with a cloth to absorb the expelled liquid, depress the valve and allow venting until all remaining air pressure is gone.)
8. Do not store marinades in tank. To prolong this unit’s useful life, clean all interior and exterior surfaces of the tank, pump, valve, and needle with mild detergent and water solution after each use. Be sure to flush out the injector needle with the cleaning solution, and remove any foreign material from the needle holes using a toothpick. Rinse thoroughly with water and leave tank upside down without pump in place on an absorbent area. Allow tank, pump, and needle to air dry.
9. After drying, re-lubricate the pump by inserting several drops of food grade mineral oil into the air intake (where the handle / piston goes into the pump), shake, and stroke the handle a few times to distribute the lubrication. Lubricate the pump-tank O-Ring seal by coating with mineral oil.
Warrantee: This unit does not provide any warrantee expressed or implied, including the implied warrantee of merchantability and fitness for its intended or consumer use. NoCents and Stephen R. Smith accept no liability for any loss, incidental or consequential loss, or damage caused by using this product. Use at your own risk.